Hana Madan Nutrition Consulting is a nutrition counselling private practice owned and operated by Hana Madan, registered dietitian, based in the Greater Toronto Area.
My Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science (Honours in Human Ecology) at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario
- Completed a dietetic internship program at The University Health Network which includes the Toronto General Hospital, The Princess Margaret Hospital and The Toronto Western Hospital.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec
- Member of the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Member of Dietitians of Canada
- Member of the Consulting Dietitians Network of Dietitians of Canada
A little bit about me
- I have over 15 years of experience working with a varied patient population and alongside many physicians and other health care professionals. This experience gave me the expertise to provide nutrition treatment plans to a wide range of patients.
- Most recently, I worked for almost 10 years at the Toronto General Hospital in the Multi-Organ Transplant Program providing medical nutrition therapy to people requiring liver, lung and heart transplants. I have also worked in the Toronto General Hospital Endocrinology Clinic providing care to patients with diabetes and heart disease.
- Throughout my career, I also had the opportunity to provide nutrition counselling to patients with other medical issues as well, such as gastrointestinal problems and generalized malnutrition caused by a variety of medical conditions.
- I believe that proper nutrition is the key to delaying the start of many of the harmful side effects of chronic medical conditions (such as diabetes and heart disease). I also believe that proper nutrition is the key to disease prevention, which can help improve not only a person’s health but overall quality of life as well.
- Through my private practice I can get to know my clients well and work closely with them by providing one-to-one counselling on a long-term basis if needed, in order to help them reach their optimal health.
- I realize that the media can often give confusing and conflicting information about nutrition. There are many TV shows, websites and social media accounts that provide dietary advice. Many people claim to be nutrition “experts.” As a dietitian, I have the expertise to provide you with accurate, practical and safe nutrition advice.
- My mission is to help my clients improve their health and overall quality of life through caring, client-focused, and science-based care.